Saturday, November 19, 2011

Workout to Go Out

Wednesday was a rest day after 3 days in a row of 3 miles plus (more than I can normally knock out).  I knew I had to run to Columbia for some work stuff on Thursday and had hoped to make it over to the pool.  But the flood study took longer than I had planned and another project came up.  Before I knew it, I had to rush back to Jeff City to get the kids and get through a busy evening.  So I guess Thursday was a rest day too. 

Friday the kids were off school.  My daughter went deer hunting with her dad at his uncle's farm.  My son chilled most of the day with me.  I got a little bit of work done in the morning.  Later we had lunch at our church's soup/pie luncheon and quilt show.  I was on the team that was supposed to be there to take all of the quilts down and fold them back up for pickup.  Only one other person showed up for the "team" so my son helped and some other ladies helped as they were picking up.  We got it all done, but it was a bit of a workout as the quilts are heavy and there was some ladder climbing. 

But not nearly enough of a workout to justify going out to dinner with some girlfriends.  So after I got my son settled in back at home, I decided it was a good time to run to the bank and deposit a couple checks I received this week.  Literally, I walked and ran the 3+ miles (my "Walmart 5k").  It was windy and pretty cool, but I still got my sweat on. 

Headed out with friends for dinner at a local joint.  I had a buffalo chicken wrap and a margarita!  Wish the chicken wouldn't have been fried - kind of sat like a rock in my gut and quickly made me wish I had gotten the cranberry walnut salad. 

The restaurant is called Prison Brews and has a small selection of microbrews with cool names related to the jailhouse theme (they are a block from the old state pen).  Made me wish I liked beer.  The waitresses wear shirts that on the back say "Beer is how God tells us he wants us to be happy".  I thought of some of the blogger folks that are big beer fans when I saw this.  Wish I had taken a pic!

Today is supposed to be warmer (the warmest of the next 10 days) so I am planning to get out on my bike, but the winds are gusty (30 mph - eww).  I had good news on the scale this morning though - finally dipped into the 170s.  That is a nice motivational tool for sure!  Not much otherwise on tap for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment