And because all of what goes in, must come out (with a smile, wink and nod to SUAR and other poop-obsessed bloggers), our household was also nearly completely out of these:
All important when holiday carbo loading may include one or more of the following (double batch of rice krispy treats and chewy fudge brownies):
So tomorrow there will be at least one big salad and probably a big veggie stir fry.
Lots of work to get done tomorrow if I can get more motivated than today. I did finish a neat book about the NYC marathon. I enjoyed the stories interwoven to mile by mile descriptions of the course (as ran in 2007). It felt like you were there.
Although I posted earlier today after my 4 mile walk, I forgot to include my daily gratitude. As I mentioned yesterday, I am so blessed. Even through some really crummy times in my life, I know that God is good. Today, I am thankful for:
- my husband returning home from work and deer camp to spend more time with me and the kids
- a clean house (upstairs and down!) and husband who helped get it that way
- breaks in rainy weather than allow you to go for a walk with a friend outside
- homebaked bread (that I didn't have to bake)
- that those rice krispy treats are needed for Thanksgiving so I can't eat them
- the smell of toasting granola wafting in from my kitchen (homemade!)
- colorful produce
- finishing a good book