Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Downtown Loop = 5k(ish)

Apparently, Stacy didn't get enough of a workout with me because after she left my house she headed over to our friend Alyssa's (at 9 PM!) and suckered her into doing a pilates DVD.  So as we discussed what a workout animal Stacy is on FB, Alyssa messaged me and suggested we go for a lunch walk sometime and mentioned today's nice weather.  So I told her I'd meet her at her office downtown at noon and we'd go.  She has a little over a 3 mile loop she does.  It mapped out on Map My Ride as 3.08 mi along the roads, but I think the sidewalk behind the Capitol definitely adds at least the 0.02 mi to make it a solid 5K. And there were some HILLS that were kicking my butt.  Seriously - 3 walks/runs in 3 days has to be a new record for me!  So maybe if I can con enough friends into being workout buddies, I will get to the point where I can run a 5K this spring (all of it).  That is Alyssa's goal too so maybe we can Couch-2-5K together!

But now it is 1:30 and I'm getting hungry.  Better go dig something out of the fridge to eat.  Then I really need to get some work done.  With a hair appt this morning and then some FB time and my walk, hasn't been a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment