Sunday, November 13, 2011

Warm Fall Day - 5K+

Yesterday never got as warm as had been predicted.  It was cloudy and windy.  And I just wasn't "feelin it".  So I didn't get much done at all!  I did some core work while I watched Bridesmaids on DVD last night (don't bother if you have it in your queue - waste of 2 hours).  But this morning it was warm and sunny when we got going to mass, but very windy.  Stopped by the store and picked up some things as our fridge was pretty bare.  Made Sante Fe Tortilla Soup for an early lunch (very healthy minus a dallop of sour cream, a sprinkle of shredded cheddar and a handful of crushed tortilla chips on it).  Then I baked some chicken for another meal I want to make this week.  I had thought about making banana bread, but ran out of steam.  Load of laundry run through and off to give my 7 year old a mani-pedi.  And thus the problem with wanting to take advantage of the fact it was 71° today - what to do with said 7 year old.  Husband and son were in the woods all morning (son took a nice doe).  But my prayers were answered when my mother-in-law stopped by about 2 PM.  YAY!!  She would be happy to hang out for an hour.

So I threw on my running clothes and headed out.  I didn't do as long of a warmup walk as I have been doing.  I decided to see if I could push my pace a little.  I still had to walk a lot.  I did my Walmart 5K loop, but added a small hill behind the store that goes up to a dead end turn around and added a brief walk inside the store to get water as I had underestimated the need for that.  Can't they just put a permanent aid station outside the store?  So I did more like 3.25 miles in about 45 min.  Not bad.  Stretched and did a little ab work when I got home.  Need to do some more of that.  In dire need of a shower and still have a ton of work to get done.  Daughter headed over to her cousin's house across the street to play for a bit so I'd better take advantage. 

1 comment:

  1. How awesome you were able to get in what you needed :) YAY for that!

    ReplyDelete