Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not feeling it...

Woke up to the radio saying the kids didn't have school - even though it was like 1/2" of snow (though some ice under it because it was freakin FIFTY degrees yesterday and in the TEENS this morning).  I rolled over and went back to sleep for about a half hour.  Finally rolled out of bed when my mother-in-law called and I conned her into staying with my kids for the day. 

Tonight, Stacy and Alyssa wanted to come at 8:15 to do P90X Core Synergistics.  I am pretty much over my soreness from my run on Tue (took Wed as a rest day), but I can say my heart really wasn't in it.  I've done more work this week than I have in ages.  That is a good thing on the whole, but I think I'm just more mentally wiped than I have been lazing on my butt reading blogs.  But suck it up, buttercup!  Time to get a small sweat on.  I liked the full body moves, but I have some wrist issues and did not enjoy the push up/plank type moves.  Had a hard time finding a "modification".  But I stuck it out and did what I could.  It wasn't my best showing, but better than no workout. 

Another full day of stuff to get done tomorrow.  Weather is supposed to improve over the weekend.  Glad as I didn't like this taste of winter.  If you are stuck at home due to weather, check out my book reviews from yesterday to find some new books to cuddle up with.  I just heard Chrissie Wellington is coming out with a book.  I totally want to read it!

5 comments:

  1. Our weather is supposed to be warmer this weekend so I am planning some bike rides outside! YAY!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow day...

    Sorry I was running around crazy yesterday too. The book reviews are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Chrissie. If she's coming out with a book, I will totally read it.

    I have wrist issues too since I sprained it a couple years ago. I have trouble doing anything that is weight bearing with my wrist at a 90 degree angle. You can buy push up things that let you hold onto them. I think it's actually harder to do push ups like that, but definitely easier on my wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Chrissie is coming out with a book in May :)
    Hope you get your mojo back but I know what you mean. This snow yesterday gave ME a case of the lazies in the afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow day for you? My son kept asking if school was going to be cancelled. He was really hoping for it, but no dice.

    ReplyDelete