Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Randomness...

Since I'm not afraid to share with others, I wasn't upset in the least about being tagged multiple times (sometimes formally and sometimes less so) for the 11 randoms.  Heck, I had to edit my last post down to only have 11 things.  No worries.  I'll answer all of their questions.

From Kovas:

He didn't include his own questions for others so I'll comment on his randomness:

1. I have no idea what an anagram of my name is.  I'll have to think on that.  I have all the major letters folks select on wheel of fortune so I should be able to make something good.
2. Kovas has been to the lower 48 states.  I would love to travel more.  I've been to MO, KS, AR, TX, AZ, MI, WI, NY, ME, NH (airport), UT, CO, NE, IA, IL, TN, KY, NV and Washington DC.  Lots more to go to!
3. My dad was very educated and going to college was never a question in my mind.  He told me until the day he died that I should go to law school too.  Since dealing with his probate, I am starting to wish I had.
4. I work for myself, but some days consider looking for a job.  There is one open right now that I'm half afraid to apply for because it would be hard to turn down.  But I've put so much work into starting my business I'm torn.
5. I used to file my taxes quickly, but starting my own business means I now have to have a CPA do it 5x/year and I'm not in a hurry to write a big check this year.
6. I work with a surveyor who wears "Jesus" sandals year round.  I think it is hilarious.  I would live in jeans and tennis shoes year round if I didn't have to look "professional".
7. I'm the baby of my family, but I find that I tend to have a "first born" personality. 
8. I was never in a band, but I did do a high school music contest in a quartet.
9. I hate moving and plan to never do it again if I can avoid it.  Just sell it all and move me into a nursing home.
10. I've never bodysurfed (nor on a board).
11. I was at a bar in KC one time when my friend ran over to me and said "Hey, that's Ronnie Dunn on the dance floor!"  Sure enough, Brooks and Dunn were just out at a bar hanging out before they played the MO State Fair one year.  Ronnie Dunn is TALL!  I ended up chatting with the bus driver who promised me free tix.  But I had a "family dinner" for my birthday and my dad yelled at me for trying to cancel so I sent my friends to the concert instead.  Never did see B&D in concert.  GRRR!
1. you have the skills to go pro in any sport (except running/triathlons). what sport would you choose? Tennis
2. what is your favorite vegetable? This squash medley that they serve at Jazz
3. they're making a movie about your life. what actor/actress would play you? Jeanine Garafolo (sp?)
4. last book you read? 50/50  by Dean Karnazes
5. last text message you sent? "I'll check into that" (after friend told me we could now sign up for 2nd grade spring volleyball)
6. what is your favorite meal/recipe to cook? Spaghetti
7. do you prefer dusting or vacuuming? (and when are you coming to do my house?) Vacuuming. What's dusting? (Same answer as Kovas)
8. if you could go on vacation to anywhere in the us or canada, where would you go? Hawaii
9. what something you love about where you live? Friends (and family) for neighbors.  We know everyone on our street and they are like family (plus my husband's sister is a neighbor too).
10. something you don't love about where you live? McCarty Street under reconstruction (though sometimes the same answer as 9)
11. what do you do when you have trouble falling asleep? Read.  Sometimes move to the couch.
XLMIC's questions:
  1. What is your 'comfort food'? Peanut butter on toast - it was one of the few protein sources I could choke down during both pregnancies.
  2. Do you exercise better when you are angry or happy? Guilty is the emotion usually.
  3. Have you ever done anything to the point of puking? What?  I only drank to puking once.  I have eaten to puking a few times (not intentionally - just ate too much and couldn't keep it down).
  4. Any embarrassing nicknames in your past? Spill it.  While I was in Jr. High/early HS, my dad called me "Snake hips".
  5. Guilty movie pleasure?  Most romantic comedies - the more predictable the better. 
  6. Do you like or dislike these tagging memes? Like (duh)
  7. Why do you run? (might seem like a stupid question, but I'm curious) - to try to get better at it  
  8. Would you rather be rich or famous? rich
  9. If you could go anywhere tomorrow without any worries (everything would be taken care of perfectly for the duration) where would you go,  - Barcelona, Spain
  10. with whom and  - By myself (though have a friend there)
  11. for how long? - Week to ten days
Molly's Questions:

1. what is the one song you never tire of?  Happy Birthday to me!
2. what scares you? Failure
3. what's on your bucket list?  Mostly travel related - lots of places I've never been
4. salty or sweet? After a workout - salty, any other time usually sweet
5. what would you do with an unexpected day off?  Sleep, read, watch movie, get in a workout, read more blogs
6. boxers or briefs?  Boxer briefs (on my husband), briefs for me
7. what would you have for your last meal?  Grilled pork chop, loaded baked potato, Madison's combo salad (local joint), NE clam chowder, garlic cheddar biscuits and Olive Garden bread sticks (see a carb theme here?)
8. what is your favorite body part? my wrists; when I was younger it was my legs
9. what do you like best about your job? Flexibility
10. Giants or Patriots? Who cares.
11. what is your goal for 2012? Finish an Oly.

Keith's Questions
  1. What moment of your life, if captured on video, would go viral? Driving through the McDonalds drive through at 4 AM while in labor
  2. What do you most want to shout out at people? "LOSE (one "O") is not the same as LOOSE (two "O"s)!!"
  3. How old were you when you lost your virginity? Too young with boyfriend who was older
  4. Related to #3, did you respect yourself the morning after? Yes for the most part (not so much whe I looked back on it later in my life)
  5. What is your comfort food? I said Peanut Butter above, but anything in the general pasta category often wins too.
  6. If you couldn't live in your current country, where would you live? (Assume they would let you in.) - Probably Canada, but I really like living here for the most part.
  7. What book do you most want to see made into a movie, and who plays the lead roles? Alternatively, what book should never be made into  movie?  Just about any non-fiction book about a triathlete (played by themselves).
  8. What movie should never, ever be remade? Yes, I know it's too late for the Italian Job. - Most of the movies from the 80's.
  9. Is there anything conceivably better than hot, willing, twin red-heads, with whipped cream and chocolate? Almost everything.
  10. What is one thing that "they say" is bad for you, that you will not give up? French fries.
  11. Would/do you clean your house before the cleaning services comes over? WHY? I don't currently use a service, but we had one for a short while when my son was an infant.  I picked up before she came because I wanted the surfaces underneath my clutter cleaned.
Kate's Questions: 
1. Did you have a favorite teacher in school?  Who and why? Mrs. Trabue (3rd homeroom and English, 5th and 6th English) - She was one of the few that really challenged me.  I loved her creative writing assignments and how she commented in our journals about what we wrote.  I also really loved Mrs. Ford (5th homeroom and science plus did the gifted program my 6th grade year) - that was until she called me my sister's name several years later when she ran into me (said sis only had her for science one year).  But I won a reading challenge in 5th grade (took a rocket ship around the moon - one space for each book) and she let me pick my prize - an OP (Ocean Pacific) T shirt I wanted so badly (and kept for YEARS - I may still have it in a box).  All the "cool" kids had one and I didn't and I was so proud of it.2. Suggest a great new blog for me to read.  Seems like you follow most of the ones I do.  Steve in a Speedo or the Boring Runner?  Not sure if you read them, but I think they are both hysterical.3. What's a favorite race memory? Finishing my first tri.
4. What kind of car do you drive? 2002 Silver Impala5. What do you imagine doing when you retire? I don't know that I'll ever completely retire, but probably do some traveling.6. Tell me a happy memory of yours.  Rocking my babies to sleep on my chest after feeding them when they were really small infants - the way they curled their legs up into a ball on my chest and just "fit" perfectly.7. What's something that has surprised you about yourself?  That I haven't given up on this fitness thing even though I seem to be sore ALL of the time.8. Do you have brothers or sisters?  If so, are you close to them?  Sister, generally yes though our relationship has ebb'd and flowed.  Very close as children, less so while I was in HS and college, moreso after she moved away (weird), then less so again as we had busy lives and now a bit closer with us both having children.9. Patrick assures me he'd come rescue me if I ever again got lost in the woods. Can I count on him?  Probably, but I live closer so call me first.10. What's something you like to make for dinner?  Anything pretty easy that I have the stuff handy in the pantry, fridge or freezer to assemble.11.  What's a good piece of advice you've received.  My sis-in-law told me when I had my kids "Do what works for you and your kids - we are all different."  Pretty generic, but it really is true. 
OK, you should know enough about me now.  I'll stop.  :)

5 comments:

  1. More! More! More!

    Fifty-five random things is not nearly enough info on you! I still have gaps in the dossier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow!!! You are the master of this 11 random tagging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanine Garofalo is awesome! Haven't seen her in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of all kinds of random things until I actually sit down to type them out. Then I draw a blank.

    You're way better at it then me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. I should reconsider my no tag policy and hit you again.

    ReplyDelete