Monday, January 9, 2012

Last Night + MMNW

Stacy came over and we decided to mix it up and do some strength work.  Turns out P90X's shoulders/biceps/triceps is a whopping 60 min workout that, along with AbRipperX's 16 min kick in the gut, has left my entire upper body sore.  I know it is good to work in strength stuff, but it didn't feel quite as good on the whole as getting our sweat on.  I also didn't really have heavy enough weights (though given the soreness maybe that is a good thing).  Supposed to warm up later so hoping to get in a late afternoon bike ride.  Really need to get moving on my work day. 

MMNW = 175.6 (up 0.4 from last week - grr).

8 comments:

  1. Keep doing the workouts. They are going to pay off!

    I hope you have a great ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P90x scares me. Too much movement and jumping around. Results are good though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think how much stronger you swim will be after P90X!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you weighing yourself at the same time of day each time? .4 sounds like water weight or something.

    Keep doing the strength work (though you don't have to finish each workout completely sore to get results), especially core. It will work wonders in terms of getting you faster and stronger on the SBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick - yes, same time each week. MMNW = Monday Morning Naked Weight - as in, first thing after I pee when I get up, before I get dressed. Oh, 0.4 lb isn't anything to stress over. But it goes to show that my slight slacking on diet last week (ie. not as much produce, a couple more Cokes) and slight slacking on exercise (not most days like some weeks have been lately) can have minor effects on my weight. I've thought about switching to Thur or Fri morning weights as they tend to be lower, but the Monday mornings keep me more honest since most of my splurges tend to happen on weekends.

    I know that strength work is good for a multitude of health and fitness reasons. I just need to make sure I don't do it instead of the SBR too often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did some of the p90x workouts and i really love them! i just never dedicated myself to following the whole plan, but that's one my 30 day challenges this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only hear about how people feel after the P90X, and that's enough for me. I'm simply not that hard core.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 0.4 is holding steady which is also a win!

    ReplyDelete