- Best race experience? Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis in Columbia, MO (12/3) - Had a great time with friends. Can't say enough about how fun the day was. Pewaukee, WI Sprint Tri is a close second just because it is what started all of this craziness. But the actual race was not fun as I was suffering.
- Best run? Still put most of my runs in the "sucky" category because I still struggle to reduce the amount of walking.
- Best new piece of gear? Everything is new to me right now and most of it I really like. Invested in some Zoot tri shorts and tri top that saved the chafing during the Show Me Games tri - pricey, but worth it. LOVE the capris my sis got me - wear the crap out of them. Some Speedo goggles that actually don't leak are pretty awesome and one of the least expensive things I've bought.
- Best piece of running advice you received? I've read up a lot, but I haven't really gotten specific advice to me. I meant to schedule a time to go to one of the Starting Block's clinics, but never got it done.
- Most inspirational runner? Everyone who used to be fat and now rocks crazy PRs for marathons and Ironman races.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Life changing.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Miss Zippy Year End Wrap Up
I want to do a longer and more reflective post the end of next week, but when a fellow blogger gives you such a cake assignment, you might as well knock out a quick post from it. So as requested here: