Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Trainer Time

I gimped from the SHITR soreness a lot less today.  And since I said last night I was going to get on the trainer tonight, I had to sort through my desired TV shows for the evening and pick one to skip so I could get it done.  The cool garage is nice, but there is no TV.  I should have hooked up the laptop, but didn't want to mess with it for a fairly short (45 min) workout.  About 5 min in - I wished I had bothered.  Oh well, I borrowed my son's confiscated MP3 player (lost due to grade card) and listened to some tunes while cranking out some trainer time. 

YTD:
Swimming = 0 yds
Biking = 24.85 miles
Running = 20.3 miles

12 comments:

  1. Way to get out there! My trainer is still sitting, empty, in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on my trainer for over a year. Kinda forgot I had one. I just might dust it off and give it a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I don't even have one?
    I should get one. It would be nice to watch TV and spin away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What in the world would you ever need a trainer for when living in FL or TX?

      Delete
    2. THE HEAT!!!

      Sincerely,

      An Ex- Arizonian

      Delete
  4. I love riding the trainer, I beleive you can get a better bike workout on the trainer, then on the road. Although the rode is sooooo much better

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trainer can be so mentally tough. I need either the TV, some music, or a good book to get me through it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my trainer. You can get some good workouts from ironman.competitor.com! they are designed specifically for the trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another trainer lover here-great trainer tool! So much easier to hit those HR zones and drill work is a breeze on the trainer :) though those long AeT sessions are great with entertainment. :) Way to get it done

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I'm doing intervals on the trainer, I can do it with just music. If it's just a straight ride though, give me something to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trainer rides definitely need distractions! :) Congrats on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a perfect time to do intervals. You'll hate me during and thank me later.

    ReplyDelete