Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kid at Christmas

Like a child who receives a new toy and wants everyone to see it and ooh/ahh and play with it incessantly - I couldn't resist a second ride after dinner tonight.  It was still against the dastardly wind and starting to get kind of dim at the end.  So after I showed my husband how I clip in and out (disappointed he didn't ooh and ahh), I took off for another 6.3 miles.  I wanted to go further, but I didn't have my lights (their on the mountain bike) and I had minimal reflectivity.  I did take a water bottle this time.  Yay me!  Felt like I pedaled hard, but my speed was actually a tad slower (though still faster than on my mountain bike).

CTER 140.6:

Swim: 2.02/2.4
Bike: 83.8/112
Run: 34.5/26.2 

7 comments:

  1. You ARE going to hit those numbers :) It's gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I have a new bike and I've only taken it outside twice in the last month. Mostly its because Boston is a seriously dangerous place to ride, even in the suburbs, so there's no going out in the morning or evening--too much traffic. It's going to be cold this weekend, but I may try to get outside anyway--the trainer is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and I am also jealous! the majority of my miles have been on the drainer this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! Gosh, you are getting so close to your goal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost there, this is gonna be cool.

    ReplyDelete