Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If you give a girl a coupon...

I was a little sore last night and this morning from all the bike riding in the last week.  Then this morning I had the "joy" of fighting to install and configure a new network card for the plotter I share with the surveyors.  Finally got some things plotted and some other work done before taking off to get a bite and then heading back to pick up children. 

But a couple days ago, a friend shared a coupon that would give me 25% off most things at Dicks Sporting Goods.  I have been wanting to get a couple of new bike jerseys (as I currently only have one).  I also was out of just about everything as far as nutrition for long rides/runs goes. 

If you give a girl a coupon....she might give herself permission to go shopping.....and if she goes shopping, she might try on a bunch of different running and biking clothes....and once she finds two jerseys that fit that she liked, she might get busy picking out a wide range of nutrition to try (some she had tried before)....and once her basket was getting expensive (even with the coupon), she'd check out and run hope with only a hint of shame for what she'd spent.


Safety Yellow Pearl Izumi jersey and blue Canari jersey
A little bit of everything! Boy this stuff adds up!
Can't wait to go riding in my new jerseys!  Now if the weather would just stay warm!

4 comments:

  1. I like your taste with the nutrition, I use most of those.

    Your right, coupon equals shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good impetus to get out and ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get amazon prime. The free two day shipping makes thing worse :-).

    ReplyDelete