Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beautiful Bike Ride

Sunday was freezing cold (high in 40's), but Monday morning dawned a little warmer and Tuesday was downright gorgeous and sunny (high in 80's) - like spring should be!  About freaking time!  After a couple of busy days of work (and some raging PMS) I really NEEDED to get out on my bike.  And yet, I had to cajole myself a little into it.  But I didn't let any excuses get in the way.  Having a new pretty blue jersey to wear didn't hurt.  My husband was shuttling my daughter between piano and softball practice and my son was digging into his spelling homework.  I had plenty of time to get out for a ride.

I left home about 5:20 and headed out in the sunshine.  I rode out past Taos to the Bald Hill Road intersection.  Stopped for just a minute to get a drink and have a few sport beans.  I headed back bombing my way with a "whoo-hoo!" on the long downhill on Algoa.  Cranked my way up the hill to home.  I averaged 13.95 mph even with the climbing for 19.1 miles.  Go me! 

If I can dance through the rain drops that are probably coming tomorrow, I'll either go for a run with Susan or go for a bike ride.

YTD:
Swimming = 10,000 yds = 5.7 mi
Biking = 591.1 miles
Running = 87.9 miles

3 comments:

  1. Nice ride!! I am planning on my first ride of the year outside this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on the bike, but too lazy to clean it up after a winter in the basement.

    ReplyDelete