Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday LSAR

Well, Tue and Wed were a bust.  I got a lot of work done yesterday, but barely got dinner made/ate before Brownies (scouts not dessert) and then got home just in time to sign a few things from the bookbags and settle in for a TV show that I wanted to see (plus one that I watched because I was settled in).  Tue wasn't much different other than I did more homework supervision and hoped to squeeze in a short bike ride after piano, but it clouded up and I didn't want to ride badly enough to risk getting drenched.

But my friend Susan came to the rescue.  I was a little worried because yesterday at a school function she asked if I was going to "make" her run today.  I told her it depended on how much work I got done Wed.  But yesterday afternoon I texted her to ask where and when and how far.  She said she needed some good "therapy" time on the Katy Trail so we headed out.  Neither of us were really feeling it (that is the Long Slow Ass Run = LSAR), but we sucked it up for the full 8.4 miles.  Here we are at the turn around:

Christina + Missouri River

Susan + Missouri River
The sun had been out when I took the kids to school at 7:30, but it had clouded up quite a bit while I made my soup and waited to meet Susan at 9.  It is a shame because I STILL didn't get the picture to do the pretty leaves justice. It also made the 55° or so feel plenty cool.

I drive by the bluff behind me every time I go to the survey office in Columbia and this always has the nicest color. 
I was worried the trees wouldn't be pretty this year with the awful drought last summer.
Came home and ate my soup (Sante Fe Corn Tortilla) and showered up.  Read some blogs and now am trying to figure out what I can get done before I have to pick kids up from school.  Have a deadline on Monday that I should be chipping away at.  It is supposed to warm up this weekend so hopefully there will be some biking!  I'm thinking I may have overestimated my ability to get that mileage done, but underestimated the running.  Guess we'll see!

YTD
Swim: 14,700 yds / 25,000
Bike: 637.3 mi / 1000
Run: 281.2 mi / 350

5 comments:

  1. I think the colors still look pretty in the last picture especially. Maybe not as pretty as in real life, but isn't that always the case? Nice job on that run!

    Are you still thinking of doing the Monster ride next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - the colors are always better in person. I should have stopped on my way home last night as the afternoon sun set the bluff alive with color.

      Probably not doing the Monster ride. Bill has to work all day (family day at Linn State Tech) so no one to hang with the kids plus he was going to be my SAG (as I might make it TO Hermann, but probably not back!) And it is Helias homecoming weekend and we had planned to go to the game in the evening. Just too much got piled on the day. I'm super bummed as I think it would be such a good time. Are you joining in on the fun?

      Delete
    2. Planning to. I have a couple kinks to work out, but I've received spousal approval...or at least acceptance.

      Delete
  2. Nice long run! 8+ miles is impressive no matter what the speed is. Remember when four miles seemed out of reach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed with the colors we're getting, as everyone said there'd be none because of the drought.

    ReplyDelete