Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Post Script

Jumped the gun a little on my post.  I realized after I wrote it and moved on to other afternoon activities that I hadn't updated my CTER 140.6 totals.  And then Stacy wanted to go running again tonight and I stupidly agreed.  I think I overdid it with more mileage this week.  We didn't go for very long before my shins were screaming.  So we called it good at 2.41 mi (and the wind was insane making everything else totally suck about the run).  Then I stretched and stretched and a took a hot shower (and a handful of ibuprofen).  Probably need to ice in there somewhere too.  Ugh.  Oh well, live and learn.

Hard not to get carried away and try too much too soon.  I have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow to get ready for the conference next week before I have kids underfoot all weekend.  I will probably call it a "rest" day.  Took note of Matty O's post today about listening to our bodies.

Total side note - got blood drawn this morning for my physical in a few weeks.  I'm a little curious to see how my various metabolic numbers compare to my last blood tests over two years ago.  I am kind of excited to tell my doctor that I'm finally getting exercise regularly.  Brag much? 

CTER 140.6
Swim: 0.97/2.4
Bike: 46.5/112
Run: 21.06/26.2

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I disappear for a few days (work got busy) and *BOOM* you go and knock off a crap load of the CTER race. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great with your numbers! But you are right to listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool... your run is almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress on your 140.6! Yep, add some ice time to your shins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great on those numbers. It's not bragging, it's giving her vital health information. ;) She needs to know you are exercising anyways.

    ReplyDelete