Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hulen Lake Swim

Last night I met up with some of the CMC folks to swim at Hulen Lake.  It is a private homeowners lake in Columbia and one of the homeowners is a member of the club.  She offered to help the newbies with drills, but told us we could do whatever we wanted.  Most of the more experienced folks did longer distances across/around the lake.  I did 100 yard out and backs with a couple of drills.  Truthfully, there was way more chatting with this lady that there was drilling.  I was there an hour and maybe did 300 yards.  Better than nothing, but I might try to focus more on swimming and less on chatting if I go again.  She gave me some good information on form and I found it hard to focus on everything she said and breathing.  It was kind of frsturating.  But everyone has to start somewhere.  I did wear goggles for the first time and really liked them more than I thought I would (picked them up just before going). Stepped on a bee or something right before we started and still am feeling the pain of that swollen area in my right arch.  Not cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment