Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend = Ride, Run, Ride

Scale wasn't too kind Saturday morning confirming I had overindulged in the first Lenten fish fry of the season.  Not a shock.  I had gotten up early to send my son off for the day and my daughter headed out to deliver some Girl Scout cookies across town (which involved breakfast out with daddy and visiting with friends and family that were getting deliveries).  So I had the house to myself.  I relished some of the peace and quiet broken only by the constant drone of our poor old washing machine and dryer.  I was wading through Chrissie Wellington's book - a treat I managed to snag at the library in Columbia just before my swim on Friday.

But after I got a good portion of the laundry done, it was time to get on the trainer.  I put in a DVD ("I don't know how she does it" with Sarah Jessica Parker - kind of slow, but mildly distracting) and put in an hour.  I looked at my watch a lot.   I spent most of the rest of the day finishing the book.  Been a while since I read an entire book in a day. 

Today I was up pretty early again.  Feeling kind of crampy and with a light back ache.  Oh, the joys of womanhood.  Sucked it up and got a couple of proposals written for work plus an invoice for something I've been fighting to get paid for over two years and just this last week they said they needed an invoice from me. 

Puttered around on the computer and finally texted Susan to see if she was going to be able to run (had also put a note on FB trying to get anyone else to join me if Susan bailed).  It was a pretty nice afternoon - sunny and 50° though a little windy.  Only cool if you stood still.  Just before I went to meet Susan, Stacy called so I invited her along too.  We met at church and ran to Dixon Drive and looped back Hough.  Susan's phone app said it was 3.34 miles and we were just above a 12 min/mi pace.  Funny because I felt like it was much harder than it should have been and part of me hoped it was a faster pace to explain why I was sucking wind so badly.  Neither of them seemed to be struggling at all.  Guess it was just one of those days (though the raging PMS wasn't probably helping).

Came home and looked at Twitter to find Superkate busy on the trainer.  Thought maybe she would want some company so I decided to do a short workout.  Found a new series to watch on Netflix and knocked out 45 min (which seemed longer on my butt without my padded tights that were in the laundry room drying out).  Poor Kate was watching Yugioh with her son - not the best distraction from her miles.  Good to experience the boredom and train the brain, right? 

Need to do some meal planning as my eating has been relatively off the rails for a while.  Giving up soda for Lent was a good start, but I need to do the meal planning to make sure I cut back on some of the empty/crappy carbs and load up on more fruits and veggies (which also means I need to hit the store as my fridge is a bit void of these right now).  I know that only through the planning and preparation ahead will I have any hope of seeing the 150's on any kind of consistent basis.

Tomorrow the husband and kids are off school.  I've got some work to do so I hope to get at that early and get home sooner than later.  Rain is in the forecast though the temps are supposed to hold pretty decent.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

YTD:
Swimming = 5800 yds = 3.3 mi
Biking = 128.1 miles
Running = 59.6 miles

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping me company for part of my ride. As for the run, some days are like that. Still beats sitting home on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to bounce back after the fish fry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to give up something for Lent. I guess I can make a late commitment. I've put on a few pounds to I may have to give up more than a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think meal planning is more than half the battle, when I meal plan, my eating is not only on track, but I seem to have a little more time on my hands that night

    ReplyDelete