Friday, February 22, 2013

Late night workout

Sometimes you just gotta get things done.  Thursday, school was cancelled for all - including my husband who teaches at a local technical college.  At 6 AM, I wasn't sure why.  At 6:30, it was clear as our first really big snow storm of the winter came in with full force dumping 7" in just a few hours in near whiteout conditions. 

I had already planned on spending the day digging into our 2012 taxes.  Ugh - remember that one of my goals/resolutions for this year was to stay on top of my bookkeeping?  Yeah, there is a reason for that.  I started sometime in the 7 o'clock hour and worked through most of the day to get everything organized and ready for the CPA.  But the worst was my own doing - I spent the day putting together all my various small business receipts, adding up all my mileage (all I do along the way usually is log vehicle trips in my calendar), etc.  While there were interruptions as kids came and went from playing in the snow and playing inside or gawking at cars stuck on the road by our house - I kept fighting my way through the paperwork.  Come hell or high snow, I was going to get finished. 

By late afternoon, it was nearly done.  I called and made the appt with the CPA, called my aunt (needed to ask a quick question about a 1099 from my uncle who does some of my investing, but got to visit with her more), finally printed out the last of the documents and looked up to find it was time to make dinner.  By the time I was done with dinner, I had a couple TV shows I wanted to watch (I'm a junkie - I admit it). 

But at 9 PM, it was time to suck it up - put on my cycling tights and jump on the trainer.  I popped a DVD in the laptop and settled in for 70 min of "fun".  Turns out my pick of movie ("Dreamgirls") made for a nice soundtrack to my workout.  A few tweets and some sweat later, I took my shower and headed off to bed. I read for just a bit and crashed after a long day.

Today was another snow day for all though the roads were pretty clear by midday as the sun came out and melted off a lot of what little was left behind by the plows.  I dug into my mother-in-law's taxes because she is having some memory issues and I sorted through her bank records looking for documentation on her deductions.  Then I puttered a good part of the day away before heading out to another fish fry tonight.  No workout today. 

Still need to get a run in to the bank.  But there isn't a sidewalk to be seen and I'm not sure if it is safe enough to run on the road narrowed by snowbanks.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  I'm a little bummed not to have gone 4/4 with Friday swim workouts.  Hoping Monday, I can make it up. 

YTD:
Swimming = 5800 yds = 3.3 mi
Biking = 152.9 miles
Running = 59.6 miles

4 comments:

  1. I'd stay off the roads. There were people out here today and there wasn't much room for runner or car. A little scary as the driver, probably more so as the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh on the taxes. I'm procrastinating like usual.

    I'm with Kate on being careful on the road. If you do run on the road, skip the old school Walkman :-). You need to be able to hear on coming cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promised to do my taxes before the end of February this year. Of course, I make that same promise every year and the next thing I know its April.

    Um... running an a narrow road. Maybe its treadmill time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am done with my taxes!

    Sometimes life gets in the way, at least you got the workouts in, it would have been easy to call it a day and head to bed.

    ReplyDelete