Monday, November 19, 2012

Reset...HBBC Kickoff

Last week was a wash.  I got in one lousy workout on a hotel treadmill (3.1 miles at 9:30 at night).  I did pass on the copious amounts of alcohol that others kept offering me.  I ate a light dinner when I wasn't much hungry after a pretty big lunch at the conference (even when at the best bbq place in KC).  So all was not lost.  But Saturday, it was difficult to tell the difference between me and most root vegetables.  And no good reason - just pure laziness.  Kids and husband gone hunting (button buck killed by son).  Weather was gorgeous (though I didn't check the wind, it was sunny and relatively warm for Nov).  I just sat on my ass.

So thankfully, Amanda at Run to the Finish kicked off her Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge this week which I signed up for a few weeks ago.  She has an active group of folks already sharing on FB and Instagram, etc.  I'm not sure I can keep up with these people, but I'm going to hit the health and wellness reset button and give it my all.  Let's see if I can lose weight over the holidays like last year!  Let me know if you decide to join in because I can get referral points.  Yay!  The up side is that I'll be forced to blog more to keep track of how awesome I'm eating and exercising.  I'll try to remember to take some pics here and there so this isn't too insanely boring.

MMNW = 162.0  (kind of amazing as I somewhat carbo loaded yesterday)

Barely got my 7 servings of fruits and vegetables - you might have to squint a bit to come up with enough:
Breakfast - Banana, Nature Valley Oats/Honey granola bars, 1/2 cup grape juice
Lunch - Chipotle Burrito bowl (brown rice, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, sour cream)
Dinner - BBQ pork, 1/2 avocado, apple, baby carrots w/ a little dressing/dip, half dozen tortilla chips, bite size (not fun size) Baby Ruth
Only water to drink other than the little bit of grape juice - have been backsliding on the soda front so this "reset" is a good excuse to try to knock that back again
I really need some ideas of how to get in more veggies.  I just don't seem to include them in enough of my meals/snacks.

3.3 mile run with Stacy tonight at 8:30 PM.  It felt hard.  She drug me along even though it was initially my idea.  But adds to my total mileage and gives me a few HBBC points for the day.  Hoping to bike tomorrow.

HBBC points = 4.3

YTD
Swim: 14,700 yds / 25,000
Bike: 735.1 mi / 1000
Run: 311.5 mi / 350

2 comments:

  1. Simplest way I've found to up veggies is to either make a soup with a big variety or blend them into smoothies.

    ReplyDelete