Sunday, June 30, 2013

Getting Back in the Groove

Walter texted me while we were on vacation (which you can read more about here) and asked about a Saturday ride.  I told him I couldn't because we'd be on our way home from Branson, but that Sunday would be OK.  What better way to try to get myself back in the groove!

Woke up at 6:30 this morning and it was only 64°.  Holy cow!  After all the triple digit heat, a cool front had moved through and had me trying to decide what to wear.  I went with a long sleeve tee under my short sleeve jersey and shorts on the bottom.  It wasn't really necessary, but I wasn't particularly hot either.  We headed out at 7 AM and repeated nearly the same ride as last week - touring around  Jefferson City for 22.3 miles.  We hit some stoplights and paused a couple times to grab a drink.  With all the hills, our speed wasn't stellar (though I broke the speed limit on the last screaming downhill) .  I struggled more than I should have the first half, but felt better the back half.

Not much planned for the rest of the day.  Should try to get a little work done, but a nap sounds good too.

YTD:
Swimming = 14,970 yds = 8.5 mi
Biking = 886.0 miles
Running = 111.1 miles

1 comment:

  1. 64 degrees would be close to heaven. Good jobs getting the mileage in. What's your speed limit?

    ReplyDelete