Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More snow = more trainer time

Saturday = laundry, errands, pack up entertainment center in prep for new carpet.  I found an old walkman that I used to listen to on runs and briefly considered using it on a run since temps were pretty decent.  But snow piled high on sidewalks and roads kind of narrowed.  Husband drove me to the bank so I got on the trainer for an hour that afternoon instead. 

Went to mass, took the kids to grab some dinner (which I passed on thinking we'd be eating on our date). Worst date night ever - fundraiser for a friend's club baseball team (I swear they start that competitive shit way too young).  It was "mouse races" with beer, wine and setups.  Except I didn't drink - not even the soda (since I gave it up for Lent).  It was $20/ea plus whatever you bet plus raffles.  I barely saw my husband as we were socializing.  And they didn't serve any real food - just popcorn and pretzels.  People brought stuff in and I bummed a little off a neighbor.  Thankfully I grabbed some chips and dip from our pantry on our way, but I was not amused by this night out.  Next time, I'll stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Must have snacked too much though because the scale has been angry with me ever since.  Ugh.  Sunday we packed all of our living room into our kitchen and my husband tore out the carpet.  Daughter and I went shopping for a little while, but the rest of the day was pretty lazy.  No workout.  Packed my swim bag, but worked through my swim time on Monday.

Last night we got another heavy snow.  It could have been worse, but school was closed today.  We slept in a smidge and puttered around on our new carpet.  Internet was down which sucked.  I procrastinated away the day helping my son with his science fair crap, preparing for a meeting I have tomorrow, and general piddling around.  I just didn't want to get on the trainer without Netflix.  How sad of an excuse for procrastination is that?  But I finally got internet back and finally drug my ass down to the trainer.  Hour and 25 min (two episodes of a show) later, I was done.  Family all in bed so I'm heading there too.

YTD:
Swimming = 5800 yds = 3.3 mi
Biking = 185.5 miles
Running = 59.6 miles

7 comments:

  1. Trainer - Netflix = No Workout! Haha... yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I know I should put one of my Spinervals or Sufferfest videos on, but then, when nobody is looking I sneak in Netflix or Hulu! Shhhh... don't tell anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow day here today...though it doesn't look too horrible now that the sun has come up. Freezing rain last night. I'kk. Hopefully it will melt enough to run outside....otherwise it's into the pool for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting another storm here right now = treadmill speedwork today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email me tri_diesel@yahoo.com, I have a ton of trainer workouts I can send you this weekend, if you like

    ReplyDelete
  5. An hour and a half on the trainer makes up for that procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice trainer ride! No Internet is crazy talk :-)

    ReplyDelete