Saturday, May 26, 2012

Another brick in the bag

After a few lazy days with the kids to start out the summer (though I did a fair bit of work, but no workout), I decided I wasn't going to be ready for a triathlon in early July if I kept that up.  I did take a couple of walks with the family, but generally this morning was my first sweatfest since Tue.  It has gotten pretty hot the last few days so I decided to go early.  Up, eat a little something, dressed, and out the door before 7 AM.  Rode for about an hour and covered a little over 13 mi (Algoa to Taos, down Liberty, loop Scholastic and home).  Quick potty break and put bike away in order to get going on a short run.  Just down to the end of the sidewalk and back (with the big Wavco hill in there for good measure) and knocked out just under 2 mi.  I really don't like running.  I still walk an awful lot, but I got it done (before 8:30 and it was already 85° and humid). 

We're planning on going down to the river (Osage) with some friends later in the weekend (probably tomorrow) so I'll have to see if I can do my own version of the "endless pool" there (swimming against current).  Have a great Memorial Day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Nice brick! I like the endless pool idea. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice brick! Way to get out there early before it got too hot. Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get serious about doing my bricks too. You should be good for your July triathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job!!!! You did it & before it got too hot. :)

    ReplyDelete