I'm not sure how many of you follow Taking It On with XLMIC, but she is hosting a virtual race this weekend (and a real one too). Here is her post about it. While I certainly didn't do anything resembling a 1/3 marathon, 5K was hellish enough given my current state of head and chest congestion (running with a Halls cough drop for extra fun). That said, the weather was in the 40's and the sun was shining so that took the edge of the hell. I also decided to go with the small 0.5 mile loops nearly all within eyeshot of my house as a nod to Marge's crazy training. My husband took my camera hunting this weekend so my daughter used my Flip to take footage of the last mile and some change. I tried to take the multiple clips and make them into a movie. Haven't tried uploading video before so you get what you get. If nothing else, the still below were all screen captures of the videos taken.
The rules for the virtual race:
- Must be at least 5K in total length...no maximum. (CHECK! The loop down my cul-de-sac hill, back up, to the end of the sidewalk one direction and back, to the end of my property and back is a 0.5 mile loop - done 6x + two extra hill repeats to make sure I crossed the 0.1 mile mark. - Note the 2' contours - Sorry I have white space I couldn't get rid of in Paint)
- Must be done on a challenging course (and if you hate treadmills, that means it could be on a treadmill) because the idea is "Hell" ... that is the important part. (CHECK! That is EIGHT times up and down the hill I live on plus a lesser side hill plus the fact that I HATE looped courses where you see the finish line and it teases you. Six times? Insane!)
- Must be done the weekend of Dec. 17-18, 2011... any time of day or night. (Dec 17, 1 PM - CHECK!)
- You must laugh at least once... can be an evil laugh, a laugh of futility, any kind of laugh but laughter is a MUST. (CHECK! Laughed every time I high 5'd my daughter's friend.)
|High 10 at the end - love how her feet are off the ground here!|
- Email me a link to your Jingle Bell Hell recap so I can post it that next week and we may all share in the fun... please include something about when, where, why regarding the laughing part :) (Will do as soon as I finish this!)
For extra "hell" factor, I had the dumb idea of doing this right after I ate my lunch (spaghetti). Did not particularly enjoy burping that up and mixing the flavor with the cherry cough drop. I did have a little bit of a water station on my front porch (about 100' to the right of this last picture). I stopped after the first mile to slug a little bit of water and tie my shoe, the second mile to tell my daughter to find the camera and get a sip and then drank at the end. Even though it is cool, we still need to hydrate!
Side note for HBBC point tracking, breakfast was a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Had a few chips for a snack mid-morning (oops). Need to figure out how to get some veggies in for dinner.
Hey, nice job getting your race in!ReplyDelete
Way to go! I love that pic with her feet off the ground and I love that you did a video! Thanks so much for participating :)ReplyDelete
Your recap made me smile!! I should have taken more pics. Love the video idea :) My hell was hills!ReplyDelete
My JBH recap is here [Fitness, Health and Happiness]
Also, I host an HBBC link up every Sunday if you want to share your HBBC posts. Same link as above if you want to link up.
Ummmmm. No thank you. Nice photos.ReplyDelete
Great job getting the run in, I loved the photos in your recap!ReplyDelete
Hahah...I love that you ate and then ran....definitely notches the hell factor up a few :). Good job on the run!ReplyDelete
Not only did you run a short circuit, it's not even a loop. Quite hellish indeed.ReplyDelete
Great job! Love the photos of the High 5's.ReplyDelete
I finished my Jingle Bell Hell today.
Nice job on the raceReplyDelete
Nothing better than getting high fives (or Ten's) from your kiddos!ReplyDelete
That foot off the ground picture is really cute. Nice job getting it done...and conscripting a photographer! :)ReplyDelete