Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back from Trip

One day and night in St. Louis and three days plus two nights in downtown Chicago did not make for a ton of organized exercise, but we are starting a new week.  I did go to the gym at the top of the Allerton Hotel on Friday morning and did a stationary bike/crossramp/treadmill brick.  It was 30 min on the upright bike followed by 10 min on what I thought was an elliptical machine, but turned out to be kind of a mix with a stairstepper and really made my quads/butt burn.  Then I did a short workout on the treadmill with a walk run mix.  Did some stretching before my shower and heading over to the conference.

Otherwise there was a lot of schlepping my duffel bag (with 3 days worth of clothes) around the convention center (first and last day).  I also did a ton of walking around the Miracle Mile since I didn't have a car - dinner out with friends at Quay on Thur night (walking to the restaurant and back to the hotel), donut dash several blocks away on Saturday morning with friends (I was running late) and tons of time on my feet in general.  Better than nothing as far as exercise.  But need to head out for a walk tonight and probably a nice bike ride tomorrow.

Eating while gone wasn't that great either.  Ate too much at nearly every meal - too many desserts, two margaritas (one Wed night and one Thur night), a couple of sodas, etc.  I weighed myself this morning and was up a couple pounds.  After thinking about the CTER post about food logs, I think that my plan for trying to reign in the poor food choices is to be more accountable for what I'm putting in my mouth.  I liked Jason's advice about thinking about the why, when, how of the eating as opposed to just the "what".  So that is a goal for the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment