Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Goal Review + 2 Runs

I re-read my goals from January and feel kind of disappointed in myself.  I know many were kind of pie in the sky, but many were achievable had I just committed more fully to them.  Nothing that is news to anyone who likes to set the bar high for themselves. 

I sat down and updated my mileage.  I did pass my bike goal (not a big surprise with two century attempts - though I was slightly surprised not to have surpassed it by more).  My swimming and running mileage definitely suffered from all my time on the bike (and some general laziness mixed in).  My non-training goals weren't a lot better. 

I went for a short run Sunday after I dropped my daughter off for basketball practice.  I went around Memorial Park a couple times and then down to my dad's cemetery and back.  I had to cut it short because I needed to use the bathroom.  Nothing major, but better than nothing.  My legs felt pretty heavy - like they did on Thursday.  Not sure if it would've felt better had I gone a little longer.  It was a very pretty day - lots of fall color and a bright blue sky.  Pretty way to pass 2.9 miles.

Bright sunshine, cool fall color
Stacy cajoled me into a late night run in the nice 50° temps last night (Monday).  I really didn't want to go, but I try to say "yes" when I can get in a few miles with a friend.  Wasn't fast - struggled to keep going, but we got 3.5 miles in before bedtime.

Two more months left in 2013.  Cooler temps and less daylight present some challenges, but I know I can get some training in if I put my mind to it.  I am once again participating in the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge with Run to the Finish.  Hope to rack up some points and maybe a prize or two plus keep off the holiday scale creep.  

Also getting ready to go to Phoenix to visit a couple of friends in a few weeks.  I goofed off a bunch yesterday surfing all kinds of web sites for fun places to hike and cool museums to hit.  I'm sure my wish list is longer than I can squeeze in 4.5 days - especially with hopes of hitting Sedona for one day.  It is a total "me" trip - kids staying at home with their dad for opening weekend of deer season.  Still have to completely figure out some logistics of getting them to school, but I think they'll be ok.  Looking forward to the time "off".

Swimming = 10.25 mi
Biking = 1262.2 miles
Running = 227.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment