- Last Thursday Susan came over for a "run". She was pretty upset having found out that morning that her mom was going for a biopsy on a breast lump. Many prayers sent for the results. No word yet. We did a lot of walking so we could talk, but still covered 3.1 miles.
- Friday I took the kids to the pool. Our pools close ridiculously early and this was the last week for the pool on our side of town. Daughter took a friend so I swam the length of the pool regularly to check on them and son (who was most often in the deep end). After friend was picked up, knocked out 150 yds really quickly so I could sort of call it a workout. I felt it a little the next day so I guess I will add it to the "better than nothing" category.
- Sunday, Walter and two other of his bike friends (Bree and Eric) met at my house at 6:30 AM to do our Wardsville out and back (with Shamrock HILLS). It was a bit of a sufferfest on the hills though mostly overcast skies so not too insanely hot. Sun came out just as we got home. Bree and Walter are much stronger bikers than me so I fought not to get dropped. Not sure if Eric was hanging back out of courtesy or if we are a closer match in skill. I am guessing chivalry though he struggled with some of the late climbs like I did. He is a former co-worker of mine from several years ago though I didn't really get a chance to catch up on much gossip in between gasping for air on the ride. We covered 26.25 miles.
- Monday Morning Naked Weight (MMNW) = 162.0 (have bounced between 160-163 most of the summer with one brief glimpse on a non-Monday at 159.something)
- Monday night, I saw a missed call from Stacy about 8:45, but bailed on calling her back for a late run.
- I spent most of Tuesday (tonight) evening catching up reading other blogs and commenting. Realized I owed a quick blog post though nothing much to chat about. Still kind of trying to figure out the rest of the tri season (if there will even be another tri this year). Would really like to find one more tri to do. Better get on it!
- I'm in the home stretch of summer - kids go back to school on 8/16. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I didn't do as many fun things with them as I would have liked. Also ashamed to admit how little work I actually got done this summer. I'm going to have to slightly rethink next summer accordingly, but the older the kids get - the less this will be an issue. I have quite the backlog of stuff to work on that clients have been patiently waiting for. I've assured more than one that I'll "get right on it" when the kids are back to school. Next Thur can't come soon enough (and never mind that I totally am getting a cut/color at 8:00 after dropping off the kids).
- In other exciting news, my husband starts a new job on Monday. After 11 years as an electrician, he is going to teach Industrial Electricity at Linn State Technical College. This will be a whole new world and I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be a welcome change (though still a bit scary). Many quality of life items will hopefully improve though the money isn't quite what he made as a journeyman. Given the layoffs of recent years, it will be more steady though. It is an 11 month position so he'll be off next June where he might see about going out on a short call for one of the union contractors for some extra cash. Or maybe he'll just enjoy some time off with the kiddos!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Blogging Catchup Bullets
Sometimes you just need the quick and dirty bullets to document life when blogging has been on the back burner: